Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Post Vacation

I just took another two-week vacation from classes and had a blast!

My vacation started out with about seven straight days of pure laziness and sleeping an average of 12 hours a day. Working with little kids all the time is exhausting; don't judge. Then my travels started with a night in Paris with my friend Marlene (sorry, no accents on this keyboard) and her Parisian friends. It was great to go out for a night with people who are actually from the city, and definitely a unique experience.

I went to Krakow, Poland, where I drank vodka and got falling-down drunk. I ate pierogis and roamed a city accompanied by only a rubber duck named Nicolas and a bobble-head wine topper. It's hard to describe effectively how much fun I had in this incredible city, but suffice it to say I would love to go back. I suggest, if you ever find yourself in Krakow, checking out Wawel castle and the Salt Mines. Photos found on my photobucket : http://s1128.photobucket.com/home/jared_mccathren/index

Directly after Krakow was a few days back in Paris with a couple friends from OU, Krista and Emily. I would consider this hands-down my favorite trip this year. It was great spending time with people I've known since before coming here and who I could introduce to the city. We saw SOOO MANY THINGS in our few days there, including some sights that I had never seen before. Again, we were accompanied by my rubber duck, and the bobble-head decided to move on with Krista to live in Spain. Those pictures are also in the link above.

Now, back to work. Six weeks of teaching these little guys and then another two week break. After that, eight weeks of teaching and off to my next adventure (not that I have any idea what that will be).

1 comment: